Hire Waverley Abbey House
A unique and beautiful space with a rich history, welcoming atmosphere and versatile functionality.
We’re ready to host team gatherings and group retreats, to help you celebrate weddings and special occasions, to facilitate business meetings and conferences, and to be used as a filming location.
The site of Waverley Abbey dates to 1128 with an ancient monastery, which now lies in stunning ruins reached via our beautiful gardens. Today, Waverley Abbey House is a Georgian Manor House where people gather to celebrate, take time out, and host meetings.
Group retreats and team gatherings
Time out from the day-to-day to develop and grow with your work colleagues, leadership team or church group.
- Residential retreat options
- Versatile function rooms with plenty of outdoor space
- On-site catering team
- Hire in team building activities
- Surrounded by 112 acres of stunning Surrey countryside to ‘get away from it all’
- Inspirational rich history and Abbey ruins to explore
- Prayer Room, Remembering Garden and Shepherd’s Hut for spiritual reflection and growth
Meetings and conferences
Space and facilities that promote productivity, inspiration and communication.
- Light, airy rooms equipped with technology for both private meetings and larger conferences
- Tailored refreshments and meals provided by our on-site catering team
- Extensive, historic grounds for space to walk and think
- A venue that cares about your wellbeing, with spaces for reflection
- On-site cafe and bar
Special occasions and celebrations
A traditional yet timeless venue for an unforgettable anniversary, party, awards ceremony or birthday celebration.
- Hire the grand former drawing room in the house, or put a marquee on the lawn (ideal for large parties)
- Many options for on-site, or hiring in, catering and refreshments
- Unique views of the historic Waverley Abbey ruins from our function rooms
- Beautiful garden for photo opportunities, outside games, and space to relax
Want to get married at a beautiful Surrey venue? Find out more about using Waverley Abbey House and Estate for your wedding.
Providing filming locations for blockbusters and TV shows like 28 Days Later, The Mummy (2017), The Huntsman: Winter’s War, Into the Woods, Hot Fuzz and Midsommer Murders, Waverley Abbey House and Estate is an exceptional venue.
- The ruins of Waverley Abbey (managed by English Heritage) are just a stone’s throw and accessible via a free entrance
- Waverley Abbey House is a Georgian house with plenty of natural light and stunning features
- 112 acres of extensive grounds including vast woodland make a brilliant backdrop
- Waverley Abbey House offers catering and accommodation
- Being tucked away from the public eye, Waverley Abbey benefits from a level of privacy
Waverley Abbey House, Waverley Lane, Farnham, Surrey GU9 8EP
5 minutes’ drive from the A31, 20 minutes from Guildford and within easy reach of both the M25 and the M3.
The nearby town of Farnham is 3 miles from Waverley Abbey House and less than an hour from London by train. Both Heathrow and Gatwick airports are within 40 minutes’ drive.